Santiago Tamariz Acosta
Santiago Tamariz has more than ten years of experience in Civil, Commercial, Administrative, Tax and “Amparo” litigation.
He has represented a variety of National and international institutions, dedicated to different types of business, encompassing from financial, insurance and bonding services, to companies in the real estate sector, among others. Also, he has represented several companies in commercial, civil, tax and administrative procedures, including those entailing general damages in addition to special damages, and actions against unlawful acts of authorities and “amparos” attacking the Constitutionality of laws.
Mr. Tamariz obtained his Law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico de México (ITAM) and has taught Insurance and Bond Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho in Mexico City.
Mr. Tamariz joined EC Legal at the beginning of January 2017, as part of the litigation team in the Ciudad Juarez office.
Publications and Presentations
- Adolescense, Pandecta, Legal review published by the students of Escuela Libre de Derecho, Third Epoch, December 2007.
- The Monopoly of Legitimate Violence, Purpura, www.estoespurpura.com, March 2014.
- Legitimate Interest. The Gateway to Justice for Citizens in Relation to Public Affairs, Estrategia Global, Year 2, Number 8, March-April 2014
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
- Intensive English for College Students, Yale University, 2008.
- English and Spanish