Rene Mauricio Alva
Mr. Alva has represented foreign investment in Mexico for more than a decade now, both international companies as well as individuals. His primary practice is business transactions involving M&A, Due Diligence, Real Estate, Government Bidding or Direct Contracting, Maquila or Manufacturing Contracts, Joint Ventures, Shareholder Agreements, Collateral Agreements (such as Pledges, Mortgages), Professional Service Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Sales Representation Agreements, Mergers, Spin-offs and Corporate Restructures. Mr. Alva also assists his clients with cross-border matters that hinder their assets or operations by solving their problems through the enforcement of legal actions that require the coordination of different practices and practitioners. Mr. Alva’s additional practices relate to Immigration, Product/Consumer Protection, Construction, Regulatory, Anti-Trust and Anti-corruption.
Recent relevant matters
- Represented an international corporation in a government contract with a value of US$120,000,000 that involved civil, commercial and anti-corruption law.
- Represented an international client in the acquisition of real estate in Mexico with a value of MX$116,000,000 that required performing a due diligence and title search thereof, as well as the obtaining several local, state and federal permits for zoning, construction, demolition and water permits.
- Assisted a US freight company in retrieving a specialized trailer flatbed with a value of US$500,000 that was being sequestered by a vendor in Mexico, requiring to enforce criminal, civil and customs actions, to take possession of his client’s property, and local, state and federal transit and highway laws to export it to the US.
- Assisted an International US company in the restructure of its Mexican operations, by merging its Mexican subsidiaries and assisted them in setting up a distribution center in the Bajio region of Mexico.
Recognitions, Publications and Memberships
- Author of the Women’s Caucus report published by the Section of International Law, American Bar Association.
- Coauthor of “Mexican Labor Law; “A Much needed in Mexico” – Section of International Law, American Bar Association Newsletter
- Author “Mexican Mining Law Update” – International Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association Newsletter.
- Co-Chair of the Mexico Committee for the American Bar Association – Section of International Law.
- Vice Chair of the International Energy and Natural Resources Committee of the American Bar Association – Section of International Law.
- Vice Chair of the Cross Border Real Estate Committee of the American Bar Association – Section of International Law.
- Member of the Business Section of the American Bar Association.
- Chair of the Mexican Corporate Counsel Association-Chihuahua Chapter (Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa-Sección Chihuahua).
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiors de Monterrey – Campus Chihuahua, 2005.
- English and Spanish