Mr. O’Reilly has ample experience counseling domestic and foreign companies doing business in México, helping them with a wide variety of issues, including foreign investment, mergers and acquisitions, major infrastructure projects, real estate acquisitions, and government procurement, among others.
He served as General Counsel of the second largest onshore oildrilling contractor for Pemex and has an extensive experience in energy, business and corporate law. Mr. O’Reilly has represented clients in complex transactions involving the structuring and implementation of several projects and joint ventures related to oil & gas, electricity, and public bids called by Pemex, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) and other Mexican government agencies.
Membership and Recognitions
- Member of the National Association of Business Lawyers (ANADE).
- Former Secretary of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity (Chihuahua).
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL Degree obtained: Master of Laws; graduated with honors (2012).
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Law School. Degree obtained: Licenciado en Derecho (Bachelor of Laws); graduated Magna Cum Laude “Mención Honorífica” (2005).
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, Madrid, Spain. Diploma in Iberoamerican Comparative Law, 2003.
- Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez. Diploma in Energy, 2015
Admitted to practice in Mexico, 2007.