Ivonne Aguilera is a business attorney with more than 20 years of experience. Her expertise focuses on cross – borders transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategy and documenting of commercial operations, drafting of agreements in general, corporate due diligence, set up of new businesses and corporate compliance. She also has experience in banking and real estate, as she worked as in-house counsel of a bank during 4 years at the beginning of her career.
Ms. Aguilera has general knowledge of several areas related with her main practice, such as customs, antitrust, environmental and tax.
She has advised through the years some non-profit associations on a pro-bono basis, such as FECHAC (Chihuahua Entrepreneurship Fund) and Arte en el Parque (Art at the Park). Currently, she is legal advisor of the Board of Trustees of the Mexican Revolution Museum, one of the largest museums in the Juarez-El Paso, TX border zone.
Recent Relevant Matters
- Represented an outsourcing information services corporation in an asset sale through the transfer of stock of a SPV company, with a value of US$9,000,000.
- Continuous advice to one of largest energy company worldwide doing business in Mexico, through the formation of JV companies structured as Investment Promoter Corporation or SAPI. Provide support on infrastructure matters in several locations of Mexico.
- Frequent interaction to coordinate with other areas provision of full services to our clients, such as labor, litigation, real estate matters, among others.
Recognition and Memberships
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Mexican Revolution Museum (Ciudad Juarez).
- Member of the Corporate and Compliance Committees of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Sección Chihuahua A.C.
- Certificate of continuing education program of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa – Sección Chihuahua, 2014 and 2015.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua.
- Master of Laws, University of Texas at Austin.
- Mediation program, Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juarez.
- English and Spanish