Mr. Gerardo Olea is an international business attorney dedicated to counseling Foreign and Mexican Companies on doing business in Mexico, helping them with their investments, corporate law, real estate acquisitions, customs and transportation issues. As a member of the firm, Mr. Olea has actively participated in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
He has been representing United States trucking companies that have obtained authority to operate in Mexico. Under such authorization United States carriers are allowed to travel and deliver goods between Mexico and the United States without the need to have at least two or more trucks and drivers involved.
Recent Relevant Matters
- Assisted a US equipment financing company to facilitate the acquisition by its clients of manufacturing equipment for the same to be used by their subsidiaries in Mexico, with a value of more than USD $16 million Dollars.
- Obtained operating authority for a U.S. motor carrier to be able to perform international shipments to and from Mexico.
Recognition and Memberships
- Former Chair of the Corporate Law Committee of the National Corporate Counsel Association – Section Chihuahua (ANADE).
Publications and Presentations
- Mr. Olea has been a speaker and Panelist in the Seminar Disparities in the Law and Practice on Surface Transportation between Mexico and the United States, hosted by the Center for the New West, San Antonio, Texas, April 1993
- Speaker in the Seminar on International Transportation between the NAFTA Countries, hosted by the North America Committee on Surface Transportation Law and Practice, San Francisco, California, November 1993.
- Announcer in the Seminar on Law Uniformity Process and Free Trade, hosted by the Latin America Studies, University of Arizona, 1994.
- Participant in the Seminar on Mexico’s Infrastructure and Transportation Policies, Doing Business Abroad Series, Eight Edition, hosted by the University of Ottawa, November 1994.
- Speaker in the Seminar on NAFTA and Harmonization of Laws and Commercial Practice, hosted by the Hispanic National Committee, Phoenix, Arizona, 1995.
- Participant in the Seminar on Harmonization Efforts in Transportation Law and Customs in NAFTA, I.Q., 1996, Participant in the Conference, Intelligent Business Strategies, hosted by the AIM/USA, Chicago, Illinois, March 1996.
- Speaker in the Seminar on Building Business Relationships in México, hosted by the Transportation Consumer Protection Counsel, Orlando, Florida, April 1998.
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiors de Monterrey, Campus Chihuahua. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Masters in International trade law, University of Arizona.
- English and Spanish