Mr. Carlos Acevedo Barraza has a Patent of Candidate to Notary Public, granted by the state of Chihuahua, which he earned throughout the approval of a technical and practical examination that took place on July 29, 2009, before a specialized jury.
Within his practice, he had the opportunity to act as a Notary Public substitute in the State for three times, highlighting his performance held in Notary Public Office Number 17 of the Morelos District, Chihuahua, where he executed Notary Public duties for more than four years.
Recent Relevant Matters
During his performance as a Notary Public substitute, he had been in charge of projects with a great impact in the state of Chihuahua, one of them, the contractual formalization of an important segment of the gas pipeline called “The Encino – Topolobampo” that covered the states of Chihuahua and Sinaloa, in charge of “Grupo Desarrollo Infraestructura” (GDI) for SAIPEM and TGNN (TransCanada), being one of the most ambitious and challenging projects in the history of constructions of gas pipelines in México due to the large geographical challenges that involved crossing the Sierra Tarahumara, with a length of 560 km and a total investment of US$1,100 million. Moreover, during his practice of more than one decade, he has served as a legal advisor for several clients such as Grupo Modelo, S. A. B. Mexico, through Distribuidora de Cervezas Modelo en Chihuahua, S. A. de C. V. in investment projects important for the economy of the sector in the State.
Recognition and Memberships
- Member of the Consejo de Notarios del Estado de Chihuahua, A.C.
- Member of Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Colegio de Abogados A.C. – Sección Chihuahua –
- Member of the Colegio de Notarios del Distrito Bravos, Chihuahua, A.C.
- Winner of the scholarship offered by “Fundación TELMEX” obtained for his academic excellence in undergraduate lavel.
- Recognition by the Universidad Auónoma de Chihuahua, to academic excellence (AA 100).
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua.
- Candidate to Master Degree in Taxes, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua.
- Diploma in Notarial and Registral Law, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua.
- English and Spanish